Friday, June 27, 2014

SOAP June 27, 2014

Scripture: Not that I have already obtained this or am already perfect, but I press on to make it my own, because Christ Jesus has made me his own. Brothers, I do not consider that I have made it my own. But one thing I do: forgetting what lies behind and straining forward to what lies ahead, I press on toward the goal for the prize of the upward call of God in Christ Jesus. (Philippians 3:12-14 ESV)

Observation: While we are in the flesh, living in a mortal body, we will never obtain perfection.  Still press onward to be more like Christ.  Forget what is in the past (though remember the lessons) for it cannot be changed.  Strain (what a great descriptive word) forward to the future, seeking to make life about the glorification of Christ.

Application: The past is in the past and the future is what we must strain towards.  Passing from past to future requires moving through the present.  Someday may never come, but Sunday, Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday, Saturday, they come around every week...replace "someday I'll....[fill in the blank] for The Lord" with [Enter day of the week] I am going to do [enter the action]...even better, do it now.  Strain forward, press onward, advance, step by step, inch by inch, all for His glory.

Prayer: Daddy, You are the God of the past, present, and future.  You are the Alpha & Omega, the beginning and the end.  You have always been, always will be, and therefore You never leave us.  Teach us to be children of obedience, compassion, love, and action.  Give us a sense of urgency, to do things now and not "someday".  Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment