Thursday, May 8, 2014

SOAP May 8, 2014

Scripture:  Do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good. (Romans 12:21 ESV)

Observation: We are called to do good, and in doing good, we overcome evil.

Application: To me, this is amongst the most difficult things to accomplish, especially when angry or frustrated (like driving sometimes).  I am learning that laughter and a kind word do much better than an angry word and a look of a scorn.  This serves not only the other party involved (whom I have zero control over, but may still be able to be influenced by me) but also serves The Lord by overcoming evil with good.  These days, I am trying (with God's help) to be angered and frustrated less and instead put myself in the shoes of the other person.  This keeps me from being angered with the person and often leads me to pray for them.  One day soon, I think it will lead to a conversation and that will be another opportunity to share the good news of Christ.

Prayer:  Daddy, teach me to overcome evil with good, to turn anger into laughter and scorn into kindness.  Without You, I can do none of these things, but through You All things are possible!  Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment